Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Green Thumb?






I'm notorious around my house for letting plants die.  Each year, I have great plans for the front yard, but they never quite turn out the way I pictured.  A couple years ago, I decided to plant something that would come up every year...hopefully.  Much to my amazement, the lilies are still going strong.  I am a little confused as to why I only have red ones now.  I planted red AND yellow ones.  Oh, well.  I'll take whatever I can get.  I was feeling so hopeful this year, that I decided to plant a little garden on the deck with the boys.  It made me so happy to see how excited the boys were to help  out, and then Scott brought me right back to reality by asking each of them which plant they thought would die first.  Needless to say, I'm out to prove him wrong this time. After all, the lilies look great....why not the veggies too?  Wish me luck!

0 comments: