Friday, April 1, 2011

I Need This....

A little over 12 years ago, I married into an amazing, wonderful, fun family!  {Love you guys!}  They are also ALL extremely organized.  I am constantly amazed by their organizational skills (and a little covetous).  Everything has a place.....every toy...every pen, pencil and marker...every pot and pan...every craft supply.  I, on the other hand was not blessed with the organizational gene.  I got the "organized on the outside, messy on the inside" gene.  If you were to walk in my house, it would probably look pretty tidy....until you opened something (a drawer - a closet - the pantry - the fridge).  The playroom is full of mismatched toys, puzzles and games, and I will often find unrecognizable left-overs in the fridge.  It has bothered me for years that I just can't seem to keep everything in it's place, but I have finally come to a realization...... I will probably never be as organized as my husband's wonderful family, and that's OKAY.  I've decided that it's much better to focus on the things we're good at and not stress so much about the things we're not.  So, I'm not great at organizing.....So what?

I found this shirt on one of my favorite blogs:


It may not be true, but it sure makes me feel better!  =)

4 comments:

Williams Family said...

I'm related to you, Megan. I love the "organized on the outside, messy on the inside." SOO me. I'm working on it but I think I will always have junk drawers and closets that can't quite close.

Unknown said...

Boy do we have you fooled!

Unknown said...

I just realized that I'm being identified as the Norwood Network. :-) You'll just have to guess who I am.

About Me said...

Okay...I'm not sure who you are, but my guess is Todd S.???