Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Baby's Three!

Where have the last three years gone?  It's so hard to believe that Claire is already three.  My baby is growing up.....not too fast, though.  She's still in diapers.  That's a whole different story....one that I hope ends sooner than later.

Claire was just a few weeks old here......


And now she's in a big bed......


Claire has definitely brought a new feel to our house.  It's amazing how one little girl can whip the whole family into shape.  I don't remember a time when she wasn't talking.  Sometimes I feel like I'm having a conversation with a 12-year-old.....and then I remember that she's still not potty trained.  Either she's more stubborn than the boys or I've just run out of steam.  

Claire is feisty, funny and strong-willed, but she's got a soft, tender side that can melt your heart.  She makes you work for the tiniest bit of affection, but when you get it, it's so worth it.  Man, I love that little girl!  Our family wouldn't be complete without her.

I love thinking of all the things we'll be able to do when she gets older.....shopping, pedicures, movie nights when the boys are camping.  The possibilities are endless.  =)

     ************

Several months ago, I found an ugly little TV stand at Goodwill for $10.  I'd been wanting to make Claire a play kitchen for sometime, and this was just the thing I needed to get started.


Not too impressive, but I had a vision.  Thanks to Scott and his dad, my vision became a reality.  They did all the hard stuff like removing doors, dividing the bottom shelf, putting a new back on, etc.  Then I got to do all the fun stuff.  We were so happy with the way it turned out and so was Claire.  She absolutely LOVED it!



Amy and her boys stopped by to give her some new toys for her kitchen.....



What a fun birthday!  All of her gifts went so well with her new kitchen!


At Claire's request, we had a "worm cake."  This girl really does love worms.  I can't keep her from picking them up off the driveway after a rain storm.  Yuck.





Happy Birthday, Sweet Claire!!!  We love you!

1 comments:

Kellie said...

Megan, that is the cutest kitchen I have ever seen!!!! Love it! You guys did such a great job... and I think I have the exact same ugly TV stand waiting to be donated... maybe I'll get your blue prints. ha ha