Monday, March 16, 2009

Globetrotters!






I had to write about taking Mason and Logan to the Globetrotters on Thursday night.  Justin bought Glade 10 tickets for his birthday.  He asked me awhile back if I wanted to bring Mason and Logan and I of course said, "yes."  Well, Justin ended up not being able to go (Caeden had a basketball game) so Suzanne, her sister, and Nelson took Benton and Abby.  Mark brought his two oldest and Glade also came.  Huh, must have been 12 tickets.  Anyway, I knew Justin would get good seats but I had no idea he had floor seats.  Our seats were in the same place as the Globetrotters but facing them on the other side of the court.  It was awesome.  The kids had a blast and our row had quite a bit of interraction with the players.  Special K (the main Globetrotter who's miked up and talking the entire time) came over and took Mason's cotton candy right out of his hand and went to mid-court and started eating it with another Globetrotter.  When he brought it back half-eaten Mason looked at me and said, "Um, I don't really want any more of this."  I scrambled for my camera but all I got was an arm grabbing for Mason's cotton candy.  Later on Benton and Abby got to go out with some other kids and dance to YMCA with the players.  Suzanne also got into the act when they took a baby out of her arms (fake, obviously) and shot silly string out of it at the Washington Generals' coach.  It was all so fun.  The only downer was Logan got a stomach ache the last half hour or so.  I asked him, "How much dinner did you eat?"  He looked at me all guilty and said, "Not much."  That'll make you pay when you down a bunch of cotton candy (I wish Special K would have taken his!).  He never puked so that was good.  

1 comments:

Nelson and Suz said...

I'm impressed Scott! I didn't realize you know how to do the blogging thing! That night was a blast! I sent Megan a few pictures I took.