Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Facing My Fears...

....of lake water, to be exact.  Some friends of ours were so nice and invited us out on their boat.  (Thanks, guys!)  I love being on boats, but I've never been too crazy about being in the water.  You just never know what might be lurking in there....snakes, giant fish, the Loch Ness Monster.  Well, I faced my fears head-on and tried wakeboarding.  I'm SO glad I did!  


This is me right before my first (and disastrous) attempt.  I'm smiling, but I'm really thinking, "I hope nothing bites my butt while I'm sitting here so helpless."


I was totally SHOCKED that I got up on my second try.  Can you tell?  Now I was having fun!



On a fashion note...swim skirts don't look that cool while you're on a wakeboard.



I did have a few "graceful" wipeouts.  I guess it would be false advertising to not include those as well.  I don't think I've ever had so much water up my nose.  Even with the wipeouts, I'm so glad I did something out of my comfort zone.  It really was so much fun!


This is Scott showing off.  (I guess I should include some pics of him too.)  ;)  He's been about four times now and really enjoys it.  I can honestly say I never pictured the two of us doing stuff like this.  I guess that's what makes it so fun!


Thanks again to our great friends!  We had a blast!

2 comments:

Van Tassell said...

I am so proud of you! You're awesome! Miss you, see you soon.

VA Andersons said...

You are so brave! AND you didn't even break any fingers :-)