Sunday, August 26, 2012

VA Beach

It's become a tradition for us to spend a few days at the beach every summer.  I'm always a little nervous (thanks to my irrational fear of sharks) but Scott loves it and is so good to play in the water with the kids.  I, however, don't usually get in much past my knees.  We had so much fun and I was much more at ease than I normally am.  It was a great weekend!


Claire loved playing in the sand although it kept getting in her "crack."  Yes, that's a quote.  What do you expect from the only girl???  She's a little rough around the edges....I guess that's what happens when you have three older brothers.


Brady was super-adventurous this year.  Last year, we could hardly get him to go in the water and this year, we could hardly get him out!  He loved boogie boarding and letting the waves knock him over.


Brady was getting buried alive by his siblings.  I love the look on Claire's face in this one....she's definitely got some spunk!


This isn't a very good picture, but we loved walking on the boardwalk at night.  (This was a sandcastle sculpture right off the boardwalk.)

We also ate some pretty good food while we were there.  We found a great little place called Mojitos that had awesome Puerto Rican food.  It reminded me and Scott of our trip there last year.


(tostones)


(Scott's meal....chicken and mofongo)


(My meal....shrimp and mofongo)

It was sooooo delicious!!!  I'm ready for another Puerto Rican vacation right now!

1 comments:

Williams Family said...

You're kids are getting so big! What a fun tradition!