Tuesday, August 21, 2012

While I'm Posting...

My grandma used to always make batches of WHOLE WHEAT APPLESAUCE COOKIES.  They were so good and I always anticipated visits to her house knowing she would have some of these delicious little treats waiting.  

Over the years, my sister, my mom and I have changed and adapted Grandma's recipe and the results have been healthy and yummy!  

(I just made a batch today.)


Here's the recipe:

1 bottle brown rice syrup
1 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup egg beaters
1 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pie filling)....instead of applesauce
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups almond meal/flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
3 cups oats (not instant)
2 cups dark chocolate chips

Cream together the first 6 ingredients (brown rice syrup through vanilla).  Sift in flours, salt and spices and mix well.  Add oats and chocolate chips.  Spoon onto greased baking sheets and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool and enjoy!

(We keep ours frozen and eat them straight from the freezer.)


It looks like she's trying to gag herself, but she was actually eating the batter right out of the bowl.

I wouldn't mind letting the kids eat these cookies for breakfast!  (I've been known to eat them for breakfast myself.)  They're so good for them and they don't even know it!

Scott affectionately refers to them as "poo cookies".  I'm not sure if it's because they look like poo or because they keep him regular.  Either way, they're delicious!!!

1 comments:

samchristensen said...

These cookies look amazing! I am going to have to get some brown rice syrup so I can make them!!