Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013


I just love Halloween!  I love how excited the kids get, decorating for the season and helping the kids get all dressed up.  This year, Claire was a ladybug (complete with a cute little dress I found for $2 at Goodwill), Brady was an army guy (2/3 of his costume can be reused for everyday wear), Logan was a ninja (with a $6 set of accessories) and Mason was a "windy guy" (the cost...exactly zero dollars!).  Gotta love cheap costumes!

To make things even better, it was 75 degrees that day.  Perfect weather for trick-or-treating.


Scott did an amazing job on our pumpkin this year.  When he puts his mind to something, he gives it 110%.  Sorry for the picture quality...I uploaded it from instagram.  

Scott and I throw a Halloween party every year.  The first couple times, we invited tons of people and it just felt really crazy and impersonal.  In more recent years, we've scaled it down and just invited some of our closest friends.  This is the first year we didn't do a couple's costume....


Scott went as Walter White from Breaking Bad (a show I don't watch) and I opted for something a little more "punny."  I was a Dunkin' Donut!  The crazy thing is that I wore Mason's clothes and shoes.  When did my baby get so big???


I usually do a sit-down dinner, but this year I decided to simplify things....everyone brought something to share and we ended up having PLENTY of food!

I hope you all had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN too!

0 comments: