Wednesday, September 22, 2010

End of Summer

It's so hard to believe the summer is over.  It all went by so quickly.  We tried to squeeze in a little more fun before the kids went back to school.  I decided to be brave and take the kids to Kings' Dominion without Scott.  Thanks to some great friends for encouraging me to be a "cool mom."  The kids had so much fun (and so did I)!







We didn't leave the park until closing time.  We were all happy and exhausted.  The kids did amazingly well....I couldn't have hoped for a better day.


VA BEACH.....

For our last trip of the summer, we went to the beach.  The kids had so much fun boogie boarding and playing in the sand, and Scott and I had fun dreaming of an ocean vacation by ourselves.  Just kidding.  Sort of.  =)  It was all good until Logan got lost.  He was only gone for about 3 minutes, but those were the longest 3 minutes of my life.  I was so happy to go home with all 4 of our kids!

  
These things are harder to pedal than you think.  Of course, we weren't exactly getting too much help from the passengers in the back.  =)




Mason and Logan were fearless in the water.  They definitely didn't get my fear of sharks.  Who knows, maybe someday we'll have a couple of surfers.




Brady and Claire were content to play in the sand and soak up the rays.  



I think the sign said, "Please don't climb on the statue."  Oops!


0 comments: