Thursday, October 14, 2010

Before & After...

Last week, I found myself browsing the local antique store looking for a 'cheap find' in need of a makeover.  I'm very inexperienced in this department, but have recently had a desire to start learning.  I found this cute little bench and decided to go for it.


I sanded it down a little and four coats of paint later.....


It was a little too crisp so I roughed up the edges a bit for a more distressed look.  Now I just need to decide where to put it.   The KITCHEN.....  


That wall needs a little work.  It's been the 'highchair wall' for lots of years.  I've got a few ideas up my sleeve, though. 

Or the ENTRYWAY.....


I think it needs a decorative pillow or two....hmmm.

3 comments:

Van Tassell said...

It looks awesome!! Did you end up using spray paint too?

About Me said...

No spray paint. Just a good old fashioned paint brush.

VA Andersons said...

I vote for the entryway :-)