Monday, October 25, 2010

My Latest Find....

I was browsing the antique store the other day looking for a cheap headboard to fix up.  Claire will be outgrowing her crib in a few months, and I see this as a perfect excuse for another "project."  Well, I  didn't find a headboard, but I did find this great little chair.  Is it weird to say you're in love with a chair? ....because that's exactly how I feel about my most recent bargain.  


My original plan was to paint it red or possibly white, but once I saw it with the boys' desk, I loved it just the way it was.  It looks so much better than the hand-me-down black office chair that was there before. 


Sometimes I catch myself just staring at it.  (Strange, I know.)  I love the curvy lines of the back and arms and all the character of the nicks and scratches.  It's quite comfortable too!  The boys might have to find a new spot.  =)  

1 comments:

lois said...

Megan,
That chair looks just like one that Grampa Fish had for many years while we were growing up. Just looking at it takes me way back. I love keeping up with your family through your blog. Love, Aunt Lois